SwedCham and SWEA Hong Kong are inviting you to a webinar about Guardianship in Hong Kong. Our speakers Usha Casewell and Lisa Wong, both Partners at law firm Boase Cohen & Collins, will go through important questions to consider for families living in Hong Kong. The presentation will last approximately 30 minutes, and will be followed by Q&A, moderated by our Chairman, Kristian Odebjer, Lawyer at Odebjer Fohlin Associates.
The event is free to attend and will be held over Zoom.
1 Guardian Concept
· What is a guardian?
· Why is the concept relevant to a family living in HK?
· What happens in a situation where parents are unable to look after children if parents have not appointed a guardian?
2 Appointment of guardian
· How is a guardian appointed?
· Temporary guardian vs. Permanent guardian
· Can appointment be revoked?
3 Practical considerations
· Pros and cons with use of standard forms
· Discussion about best practices