We all have our own definition on what sustainability really is. What is sustainable for me might not be it for you and the other way around. If a company reduce the amount of water when they produce clothes – does that mean they are sustainable? What if they do not care about the factories or the distribution?
How much of the responsibility should we put on the fashion brands? And how much is it we, as consumers, who should take responsibility?
Welcome to this SwedTALK with several leading profiles from Sweden and Hong Kong talking about sustainable fashion. We will cover questions from production, to retail, to the consumer perspective, so that we get an overall understanding on how complex this is, and how we as individuals can be part of making this world a better place.
You will meet experts from a variety of industries, and hear their stories and insights. Among the topics which will be discussed:
- What does sustainability actually mean? Is anything around us really sustainable?
- Greenwashing…how common is it? And how can we make sure we are not being cheated?
- Conscious consumption – how can we all reduce the climate impact?
- Collaboration and transparency to create new circular business models
- The future of Sustainability – is the responsibility only on the fashion industry or do we as consumers need to take a bigger part of this?
This free webinar is a part of a bigger series on Sustainable Fashion organised by SwedCham HK and the Consulate-General of Sweden in Hong Kong and Macao. To learn more about the project or be further inspired, please visit the main hub HERE